What to watch when on a trip to the snow…
1. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe 2005 (Rated 6.9/10 on IMDb)
“Four kids travel through a wardrobe to the land of Narnia and learn of their destiny to free it with the guidance of a mystical lion”
2. Frozen 2013 (Rated 7.7/10 on IMDb); Need I say more?
One of Disney’s GREATEST hits, “when the newly crowned Queen Elsa accidentally uses her power to turn things into ice to curse her home in infinite winter, her sister, Anna, teams up with a mountain man, his playful reindeer, and a snowman to change the weather condition” – based on Hans Christian Andersen’s ‘Snow Queen’.
3. Ice Age 2002 (Rated 7.6/10 on IMDb)
“Set during the Ice Age, a sabertooth tiger, a sloth, and a wooly mammoth find a lost human infant”, and they make their way on a treacherous journey to return it to its tribe.
4. The Grey 2011 (Rated 6.8/10 on IMDb)
With faces such as Liam Neeson, this film is an adventure thriller about an “unruly group of oil-rig roughnecks” whose plane crashes in Alaska – but wolves are haunting their every step
5. Star Wars: Episode V – the Empire Strike Back 1980 (Rated 8.8/10 on IMDb)
“After the rebels have been brutally overpowered by the Empire on their newly established base, Luke Skywalker takes advanced Jedi training with Master Yoda, while his friends are pursued by Darth Vader as part of his plan to capture Luke”.
6. Touching the Void 2003 documentary (Rated 8.1/10 on IMDb)
“The true story of two climbers and their perilous journey up the west face of Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes in 1985”.
7. Die Hard 2 1990 (Rated 7.1/10 on IMDb)
“John McClane attempts to avert disaster as rouge military officials seize control of Dulles International Airport in Washington, DC”
8. Groundhog Day 1993 (Rated 8.1/10 on IMDb)
“A weatherman finds himself living the same day over and over again”
9. Mystery, Alaska 1999 (Rated 6.6/10 on IMDb)
A real family flick, Mystery, Alaska is a “comedy about the residents of a small town who get over-excited when their hockey team gets chosen to host a televised event”
10. The Day after Tomorrow 2004 (Rated 6.4/10 on IMDb)
A real world disaster movie, “Jack Hall, paleoclimatologist, must make a daring trek across America to reach his son, trapped in the cross-hairs of a sudden international storm which plunges the planet into a new Ice Age”
What would you watch while at the snow?