Sure, you may be thinking that I only wrote this piece so that I could use the phrase ‘Holly Headlines’, and you’d be right, but I thought I’d use it to give a little insight to my readers on the journeys I have planned for the coming months.
Thanks to Contiki, in mid-September I’ll be flying out to England!
For a few nights I’ll be crashing in London, and then I’m making my way around Europe on a 19-day Contiki tour! Here’s a little map for reference, and this is Contiki’s European Inspiration tour, which will give me a taste of some of the most beautiful countries in Europe.
I’ll be visiting;
- Austrian Tyrol
- Vatican City
- Chianti Region
Tour Highlights (as promised by Contiki):
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- See Amsterdam’s canals & gable houses by night
- See canals & a windmill on a countryside bike tour in Edam
- Visit a cheese farm & clog maker’s house
- See the Tiergarten, Alexanderplatz, Russian War Memorial, Brandenburg Gate & historic Reichstag building
- Take in commemorative artwork & the remains of the Berlin Wall
- Visit Dresden the city destroyed in World War II and known as the ‘Florence of the North’
- See the rebuilt Baroque architecture of the Royal Residence, Zwinger Palace, Opera House and Frauenkirche
- See Hradčany Castle, the Cathedral of St. Vitus, Charles Bridge and Wenceslas Square
- Visit the Old Town Square and see the Astronomical Clock
- Visit the Dachau concentration camp memorial
- See the Glockenspiel & Marienplatz
- Visit a traditional beer hall
- Private boat through the canals & islands of Venice
- See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge’s Palace & St. Mark’s Square
- See Venice’s iconic canals & gondolas
- Scenic drive past vineyards, orchards & castles
- Special access Rome sightseeing coach tour
- See the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon & Piazza Navona
- See St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican City Guided tour of a 16th century Tuscan winery while enjoying local Chianti & antipasto
- Discover the Secrets of Michelangelo’s Florence – see where his David was gifted to the Florentines, Ponte Vecchio, the Medici Palace & much more on our locally guided walking tour of Florence
- See the Duomo, Basilica Santa Croce, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistry & Piazza della Signoria Learn about Florence’s leather craft with a demonstration View the Lion Monument
- See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- See the Wooden Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- See Chablis & Burgundy vineyards Exclusive ‘Paris by Night’ sightseeing tour
- See the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs-Élysées, and Notre Dame Cathedral
- Check out Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower Visit a French perfumery
(find out more here)
So yeah, that’s going to be awesome.
After this trip, I plan on spending a month in the UK travelling around to visit my many relatives that live in the area. So that’ll be London, Manchester and Edinburgh.